Sunday, March 7, 2010

happenings......

It's been a while since I posted something on the blog, but that doesn't mean that nothing has been happening!

Last weekend Katie and I and my sister Erin went to the Olympics. After a torturous drive on Friday night on the Hope Princeton we made it! The next morning after a drizzly run, we went downtown and hung out on Robson and took in the atmosphere! It was absolutely electric and I'm so glad we went, just to see the crowds and people from all over the world. For example we were on the bus heading down and a group of Russians began to sing hymns - only at the Olympics! I ran in to the Austin Horn and his entourage. I think it's always interesting to run into people who you read their blogs so you know what's going on in some facet of their lives. (that's another post)
I wish I had a few more days as it's hard to fit in everyone! Next time.

And now I'm on Spring break, a little too early this year but I'll take it. I started it off ambitiously. Tom and I headed out early on Saturday morning for Vernon. We competed and completed the Sovereign Lake 30km skate. I had a very solid final race of the season, I placed 12th and with in 11 minutes of the leaders. yeah they better watch out!

After the race we made our way back home. Not with out a couple of stops of course!! We stopped at Stussi's to drool over skis, then a glorious bite of bratwurst at Helmuts.





Not sure Katie would have appreciated the 42" LCD playing a video of how they make the sausages. Ha.

If you get a chance it was so good.

From there we made a last minute decision to have a beer at the Cactus Club in Kelowna. No explanation needed. Thanks for the beers Bri.

From the CC we headed to Fresh Air to drool over more skis. Good times. All in all it was an excellent day.

Then today Katie and I went for a run. She went for 90 mins and I ran for 30. The best 30 of the year so far, the achilles felt really good, I'm very excited to slowly be getting back into running. Then this afternoon was my first ride outside, just a high cadence jaunt to Crescent Beach in Summerland. Bring it on!!



Thanks for reading.

GW

Thanks again to Frank of Peach City Runners for the fast skis!!

No comments:

Post a Comment