Sunday, October 4, 2009

Campbell Mountain X-country!



Well it's been a while since I last posted. It's been a busy September with trying to get a teaching contract and subbing and mountain biking! ha! After Nationals I was at the Bike Barn for Ironman, it was awesome! I got to see the sweetest bikes and some really fast people. Turns out the fastest people were in town for a while. Jordan absolutely demolished the course. It is so inspiring to see people achieve their dreams!



So this morning I raced at the Campbell mountain cross country race, #3 of the interior cross country series. It was a very challenging course and a few really strong athletes showed up. (as usual) I had a good start (the first 2 km were straight up)and saw my heart rate get up to 176. I was in 4th at the top of the hill, and was joined by Scott McMillan for the rolling 3 km or so. It was really fun having him there to key off of, I tried to stay with him and just tell myself it didn't hurt that much. With a kilometer to go Scott put in a surge and I managed to stay with him, then it was my turn and he stayed with me (I also didn't want to blow up so it may have been a bit conservative) then he went and I attacked right after that with about 100m to go. I was happy with the race because it was so much fun and my legs felt really good (IE: no niggles!)



Check these photos out!

Keep it real.

GW

No comments:

Post a Comment