Sunday, January 11, 2009

First Ski Race of the Year !!




I had an excellent cross country ski race today up at telemark in Westbank (West Kelowna). It consisted of 15km classic - my wax although not all fancy pants worked amazingly, and then a 15km skate ski - my wax was a little slow but it was really soft as well.


The reason why I say excellent, is I didn't get chicked, well not if you count the girl (who I found out this morning she is in grade 10, turns out she is an even better runner!! Can you say future Olympian? ) who was on a relay team who nipped me at the line. I'm gonna say that I beat her because I was slowing down to go into transition so I didn't ski by my skate skis. And thats all I have to say about that. Kudos to Katie for hanging out for six hours and taking some sweet shots!!

No comments:

Post a Comment